Naked cakes are just about the coolest things right now! I have absolutely loved the style ever since they came out about a year ago! Considering it's the start of wedding season and I decided to work better to kick off the season then to do a post on how to make The perfect naked cake! Heck you could even make your own wedding cake if you wanted to!
so here is the inside scoop to the make the naked masterpiece...
You pick your pan shape whether it be circle, square, heart shape, hexagon. Whatever it might be and start making your favorite cake batter.
I prepare my pans by using Baker's Joy baking spray it is literally a miracle spray it when it comes to non-stick spray is specially for bakers because it has flour already in the spray.
Fill your pans about 3/4 the way full that way you'll have a full and dents cake. And when you are done and ready to cut the tops off of your cake you can just cut them right out of the pan.
Once cakes are baked take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 5 to 10 minutes. Once someone cool to take them over to a working space and get your cake turntable and a sharp serrated knife and cut the tops off of the cakes so that they are completely flat.
This is definitely one of my favorite points in the process because whenever I bake I'm usually starving because I'm baking all day long so I will have something extra to snack on!
I mean check out those cake tops! You can do what ever you want with those! Because those are all extras.
Now from this point you have all the cakes leveled I place cake boards on each cake and set them in the freezer for about 1 to 2 hours to let them hard in so they are easier to work with. Don't worry about covering them with anything because we will be taking them out shortly.
Once cakes are completely hardened and cold take them out of the freezer and this is going to be the start of the layering process.
before I start layering though I make sure that all of my edges and cakes look pretty. By pretty I mean that all of my edges match up and that there are no hard crusty spots anywhere along the sides. If there are I cut them off.
Once all of your layers are pretty and matchup completely brushed all of the extra crumbs off and make your favorite frosting I have plenty of recipe is on my website you can go and check them out, and get that frosting ball by your side.
What are you like to do with all of my cakes is I get my first cake board and I put a dollop of frosting on that cake board that my first cake which is the bottom cake and basically glue the cake onto the cake board with that frosting and it's nice because that cold cake will really help that cake glued to the board. This way it will help the cake not move when your frosting it.
Fill each layer with frosting and filling and then place the next layer of cake on top of the frosting. Once you have filled the entire cake scrape some of the extra frosting off onto the cake by filling some of the extra holes in the layers. Smooth it out with a cake spatula.
After I finish frosting the cake I will usually put it back in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour just to allow the cake to sit and let the frosting set well.
once the frosting has set well, take it out of the freezer and top it with your desired fruit flowers or chocolate trip.
hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if there's anything that you have questions about I would love to help you out and answer any questions! If you have a wedding coming up or a special event and would like a cake feel free to contact us through our contact page. We would love to be a part of your special day!
The Blonde who Bakes
I'm so excited to tell you guys what I've been working on lately. I was asked a couple of weeks ago by one of my favorite Utah companies, Albion Fit, to match one of their new clothing patterns to my Macarons. So we did that, and I cannot wait to unveil what we ended up doing with the project!!!
We had such a fun time deciding which direction to go with this and I'm very happy with how it turned out!
We decided to do an entire blog post, and recipe tutorial on how to make our Macarons so that we could refresh your memories on how to make the delicious little cookies and show you just have fun these are to shape and decorate!
So let's get to it! Let's get this baking party started!
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED:
- An Electric Stand Mixer. (Our Favorite is the Professional Kitchen Aid)
- Kitchen Scale
- Medium Saucepan
- Rubber Spatula
- Extra Bowls
- Piping Bags
- Piping Bags
- Measuring Cups
- Food Coloring
- Sharp Knife
- Half Sheet Pans
- Silpat Mats/Macaron Mats
ITALIAN METHOD MACARONS:
I thought that the little Leggings and Tank Macarons turned out so cute!
Hope you enjoyed this post!
Now go make some Macarons, and take some pictures and send them our way! We would love to see how they turn out!!! Theblondewhobakes@gmail.com
Also, head over to Albion Fit and check out all of their AMAZING stuff!!!! They are amazing at what they do. They are opening their new store in the City Creek Mall on May 19th. Don't walk, RUN! Because they have the most beautiful clothing and swimming suits in the state!
Hope me you have fun with the recipe! Can't wait to see what you come up with! 😘
I LOVE SPRING AND SUMMER BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE GORGEOUS COLORS, WEATHER, AND PARTIES I GET TO BE APART OF.
I GOT TOGETHER WITH ONE OF MY FAVORITE FRIENDS, TIFFANY JAYNES WHO IS NOT ONLY AN AMAZING FRIEND & MOM, BUT ALSO A KILLER PHOTOGRAPHER AND PARTY PLANNER, AND HAD A FUN LITTLE PHOTO SHOOT WITH HER.
THIS WAS A BABY SHOWER AND OR BRIDAL SHOWER INSPIRED SHOOT. WE PLAYED WITH THE GORGEOUS COLORS OF SPRING AND WENT CRAZY.
I MADE ALL OF THE DESSERTS, WHILE SHE MADE THEM ALL LOOK GOOD WITH HER TALENTED EYE.
DESSERTS THAT I MADE FOR THIS SHOOT WERE:
3 CAKES, CAKE POPS, CUPCAKES, AND OF COUSE MACARONS. I HAVE SO MANY FUN EVENTS COMING UP AND I CANNOT WAIT TO SHOW & TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE! WE'VE BEEN HARD AT WORK OVER HERE AT THE BLONDE WHO BAKES HQ TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING READY FOR ALL THE FUN AND CRAZY THINGS THAT ARE ABOUT TO HAPPEN.
ENJOY THE PHOTOS, I KNOW I DID. MY FRIEND IS AMAZING!
IF YOU HAVE AN EVENT COMING UP AND NEED SOME TREATS I WOULD LOVE TO BE APART OF YOUR SPECIAL DAY! CONTACT US AT: THEBLONDEWHOBAKES@GMAIL.COM
THE BLONDE WHO BAKES
The thing I love most about my job, is that I love love love being apart of everyone's special days! Whether it's a Birthday, Baby Shower, Graduation, Celebrating Moms/Dads, Bridal Shower, Anniversary or your Wedding Day, there is nothing that I love more about my job than having a hand in making those days one to remember.
I had the opportunity this past week to work with one of my dear friends on her Daughters 3rd birthday. To say that I loved how it all turned out would be an understatement!!! As you can tell, she is a MASTER party planner.. And in fact she is! She is the Head Honcho on Multiple Businesses, including Wed Utah and Muyly Miller Event Co. So she has had a little experience in planning, but I literally was GIDDY when I saw how she put everything together. And so o wanted to show you all how creative she was with this theme.
THE WATERMELON MACS 🍉
I had quite a fun time with this theme! I played with the shapes of Macarons to make them look like Watermelon Slices. (Later on we used these for the Cake topper!)
🍉THE WATERMELON CAKE! 🍉
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES 🍪
R E C I P E:
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: about 11 minutes
total time: 3+ hours, (dough chilling)
I N G R E D I E N T S:
3/4 C Unsalted Butter - Softened
3/4 C Light Brown Sugar
1/4 C Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg
1tsp Vanilla Extract
2 C Flour
1 - 3.5 oz Packet of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
12 oz bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. Combine butter and sugars in standup mixer. Beat until creamed.
2. Add egg and vanilla. Turn mixer on medium – high speed. Cream and combine well.
3. Stop mixer. Scrape down bowl, and add the dry ingredients; flour, putting mix, baking soda, and salt. Turn mixer on. Beat on low speed for about one minute.
4. Stop. Scrape bowl. Add chocolate chips, turn on mixer for about 30 seconds until well combined.
5. Roll dough into balls and flatten very lightly. Place them on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours, up to five days.
6. Remove dough out of refrigerator when you are ready to bake them. Preheat oven to 350° line a cookie sheet with Silpat Mat or parchment paper.
7. Bake cookies for 11 minutes-12 minutes.
(cookies may look gooey when you get them out of the oven, but they will continue to cook as they cool on the cookie sheet when you take them out.)
8. Let cookie is cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
9. Cookies will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to six months.
10. Now go enjoy some delicious cookies!!!! 😘💕
The Blonde who Bakes
If you like Chocolate & Peanut Butter, you will LOVE this cake!!!!!!!!!!
It is our famous Double Chocolate Fudge Cake with a Chocolate Ganache, Vanilla + Peanut Butter Dream Frostings. Heavenly right?!
just wait til you taste it! This cake is available to order if you're not up to baking it. But if you are, I will share the recipe!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER LOVERS CAKE
Recipe by: the Blonde who Bakes
C H O C O L A T E FUDGE CAKE:
3/4 C WATER
1 C BUTTERMILK
1 C VEGETABLE OIL
4 LG EGGS
1 1/2 TSP VANILLA
3/4 C COCOA
2 C SUGAR
2 C FLOUR
1/2 TSP SALT
2 TSP BAKING SODA
1. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN GROUP ONE IN MIXER, ONCE COMBINED STOP MIXER.
2. COMBINE ALL DRY INGREDIENTS IN A SEPARATE BOWL. STIR AND COMBINE.
3. ONCE DRY INGREDIENTS ARE COMBINED, START MIXER ON LOW SPEED AND SLOWLY ADD DEY INGREDIENTS TO THE WET.
4. ONCE YOU'VE ADDED 1/2 OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS TO THE MIXER STOR THE MIXER AND SCRAPE THE BOWL WITH A RUBBER SPATULA.
5. START MIXING INGREDIENTS AGAIN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS ADDED.
6. PREPARE PANS WITH BAKING SPRAY AND FLOUR, OR YOU CAN USE MY FAVORITE BAKING SPRAY THAT ALREADY HAS FLOUR IN IT.. IT IS CALLED "BAKERS JOY" IT IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING!!! I CALL IT A MIRACLE SPRAY. SO CHECK IT OUT. IVE LINKED THEIR WEBSITE SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT THEY ARE ALL ABOUT.
7. ANYWAYS, BAKE TO THE RECIPE. PUT CAKES IN OVER FOR 32-36 MINUTES FOR 6" PANS. OR UNTIL THEY ARE SOLID ON TOP. MEANING: YOU TOUCH THEM AND THEY DONT SINK.
8. ONCE THEY ARE DNE COOKING, LET THEM COOL IN PANS FOR 10-15 MINUTES, AND THEN CUT TOPS OFF WITH SERATED KNIFE CUTTING CLOCKWISE AND TURNING CAKE, AND THEN PLACE A CAKE PAD ON THE CAKE WITH THE CAKE PAN STILL ON AND FLIP OVER AND TAKE PAN OFF. THAT WAY YOUR CAKE IS ON A BOARD AND YOURE READY TO PUT IT IN THE FREEZER TO COOL FOR A BIT.
9. PLACE IN FREEZE FOR 1-2 HOURS TO COOL.
10. FROST/DECORATE YOUR CAKE, TAKE PICTURES AND SHARE THEM WITH ME!!!! AND THEN ENJOY!
V A N I L L A - F R O S T I N G:
- 1 STICK OF BUTTER (SOFTENED)
-3 C POWDERED SUGAR
-1/2 C HEAVY CREAM
-1 TSP CLEAR VANILLA
-1 TSP ALMOND EXTRACT
C H O C O L A T E - G A N A C H E:
-2C HEAVY CREAM
-16OZ BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE (CHOPPED FINELY)
Place chopped chocolate in the bowl of a food processor. Heat heavy cream in microwave for 3-4 minutes. Pour cream into chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes.
Process it by pulsing several times until smooth.
**If you would like to make Ganache into a frosting, allow to cool for 2 hours. Whisk on high for 2-3 minutes.
CREAMY PB LOVERS FROSTING:
-1C CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
-1 STICK BUTTER (SOFTENED)
-1 1/2 TSP VANILLA
-1 1/2 C POWDERED SUGAR
-2-3 TSP HEAVY CREAM
BEAT PEANUT BUTTER & BUTTER IN MIXER. ADD IN VANILLA & POWDERED SUGAR. BEAT. ADD IN HEAVY CREAM. MIX UNTIL SMOOTH. EAT AT YOUR HEARTS DESIRE!
Toppings: I used the mini chocolate peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. You can also use Reese's cups, or any kind of chocolate or peanut butter candy.
Send me over some pictures if you end up making this cake! I'd love to see how your creation turns out!!!! @theblondewhobakes or theBlondewhobakes@gmail.com
The Blonde who Bakes
Unicorn Drinks have got to be one of my new favorite things to make. I first saw these at caked in Los Angeles what it is it is a shake, smoothie, or hot chocolate with a big spoonful or dollop of whipped cream and your choice of the sweetest and most colorful can be is you can imagine. And so that is exactly why these are my new favorite treats. You guys all know how big of a sweet tooth. I absolutely love candy I love all types of candy sugary and sweet chocolate sour really anything that has candy in the name..
so I will be making these on Fox 13's the place Tuesday, April 18 ((today!!)) if you would like to see how I make these sweet little drinks. There are so many cute variations on how to make them and so I put my own little twist on them.
they are pretty self-explanatory but what you do is you get your favorite shake recipe you make it poured in a cup are usually like doing it in a really cute cup because let's be real drinks are always better in a cute cup. Once the drink is in the cup you squeeze a whole lot of whipped cream on top of the shake and then go crazy with your candy.
I will be sharing my VANILLA BANANA BERRY SHAKE RECIPE with you guys here on this blog post that as well I will be making on the TV segment and so you can make it all by yourself if you want to.
VANILLA BANANA BERRY SHAKE:
5 strawberries, Cut
1.5C Vanilla Ice Cream
1/4 cup cold milk
Pink food coloring
Place all ingredients together in a blender mix on pulsing speed until completely combined. Pour into a cup top with whipped cream and enjoy!!!
These brownies are rich, chocolatey, and have a dense, fudge middle and crinkly tops. They're not overly sweet but just enough to give you what you're looking for.
10 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 1/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Large COLD eggs
1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
Directions: preheat oven to 330°F. Prepare a 9 x 9 pan with baking spray. I like to use BAKERS JOYS BAKING SPRAY. You can find it at any grocery store. It is a great baking spray. It is non stick and has flour in it already! So awesome!!!! Go get it! Thank me later.
1. Add enough water to a sauce pan so it's 1 to 2 inches deep. heat until it's simmering.
2. Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium heat safe mixing bowl. Rest the bowl over simmering water. (If it touches the water remove some of the water.)
3. Stir mixture until butter is melted. Set aside for 3 to 5 minutes stir in vanilla, then eggs one at a time. Stir one after another vigorously.
4. Add chocolate chips and stir well.
5. Once oven is preheated, place the pan with the batter in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until you can put a knife in the brownies and the knife comes out clean.
MINT BUTTER CREAM:
1 Stick softened Butter
1 1/2 - 2 C Powdered Sugar
4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
2 drops green color
1. Cream butter in a mixer.
2. Add flavors and food coloring.
3. Add powdered sugar slowly once it thickens add some of the heavy cream.
4. Switch off adding heavy cream and powdered sugar.
5. Mix until smooth
6. taste test.
**after brownies cold completely top brownies with mint frosting. Smooth completely. The step is very important if you would like your brownies to look nice. Now it's time for the chocolate ganache!!
10 oz bag mini chocolate chips
1 stick butter
1. melt chocolate chips and butter together in a sauce pan stirring consistently.
2. Once combined and melted take off of heat and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
3. Put brownies in the freezer for 20 minutes or while you're making the chocolate frosting.
4. Top brownies with the frosting smooth out to all sides and let it sit you can put it in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
"THE BEST BANANA BREAD YOU'LL EVER HAVE!!!"
Are you ready for the most delicious banana bread recipe you have ever had? When I was younger my mom used to make the most delicious banana bread! I begged her to make it ALL of the time!
And so as time went by I always used to ask for her recipe and so I incorporated her recipe with my own. And this time it turned out just as I had hoped.
So I wanted to share with you guys this recipe. I will be making it on Fox 13 this next month. That's just how much I like it!!
SWEET BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
COOK TIME: 1 HR - PREP TIME: 15 MIN - COOL TIME: 45 MIN
1 stick of Margarine
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 1/2 C Brown sugar
Cream together in a mixer. ((I prefer KitchenAid. That's what I use for all of my baking needs. You can find them at really any store; Walmart, Costco, Target, William Sonoma, etc..))
Once combined scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Once combined,
2 Lg Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 C Sour Cream
4 Ripe Mashed Bananas
Mix all ingredients in, and add bananas in one by one on medium speed for 20 to 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl
2 1/4 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cloves
mix for 20 to 40 seconds. Stop mixer and scrape bowl. Mix again for 10 to 15 seconds.
Brown Sugar & Oatmeal Coat Recipe:
-1 bag of instant brown sugar oatmeal. I use Quaker Oats Brand.
-1/2 C Brown Sugar
-1/2 C Turbinado Cane Sugar
-1 tsp Cinnamon
Mix together and top banana bread. Use as much as you want. I usually use quite a bit because I like a lot of yummy stuff on my bread.
In preparation to bake the bread:
* prepare loaf pans with baking spray. I prefer Baker's Joy. That baking spray already has flour in it and so you don't have to do anything after you spray your pans.
*pour batter into prepared pan's. With bread batter I usually fill the pans a little more than halfway. It's usually in between halfway and 3/4's the way full.
* once your batter is in the pans top it with our delicious crumb coat and place it in the oven to bake.
**Bake Large Loaf Pans for about 1hr - or more. It depends on the oven. Just until the top is firm and you can stick a knife in the middle in the center and it comes out clean.
Bake Small loaf pans for about 45 mins to 50 mins or until fully baked. Or until you can stick a knife in the center and it comes out clean.
Once your bread is baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool completely. I let mine cool for 30 minutes to 2 hours. (some people like eating the bread warm, but with this bread I like mine completely cool! That's when it's the best! At least that's what I think.)
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!!! Once you make it let me know what you think. I wish I could cut you all slices! (I'm eating some right as I'm writing this. I told you. This is my favorite bread recipe.
Owner & Head Baker of The Blonde who Bakes, Co. Wife & Mom. Athlete. Sweet Tooth Enthusiast. Resides in Utah.