"THE BEST BANANA BREAD YOU'LL EVER HAVE!!!"
Are you ready for the most delicious banana bread recipe you have ever had? When I was younger my mom used to make the most delicious banana bread! I begged her to make it ALL of the time!
And so as time went by I always used to ask for her recipe and so I incorporated her recipe with my own. And this time it turned out just as I had hoped.
So I wanted to share with you guys this recipe. I will be making it on Fox 13 this next month. That's just how much I like it!!
SWEET BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
BAKE TEMP: 350 F
COOK TIME: 1 HR - PREP TIME: 15 MIN - COOL TIME: 45 MIN
1 stick of Margarine
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 1/2 C Brown sugar
Cream together in a mixer. ((I prefer KitchenAid. That's what I use for all of my baking needs. You can find them at really any store; Walmart, Costco, Target, William Sonoma, etc..))
Once combined scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Once combined,
2 Lg Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 C Sour Cream
4 Ripe Mashed Bananas
Mix all ingredients in, and add bananas in one by one on medium speed for 20 to 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl
2 1/4 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cloves
mix for 20 to 40 seconds. Stop mixer and scrape bowl. Mix again for 10 to 15 seconds.
Brown Sugar & Oatmeal Coat Recipe:
-1 bag of instant brown sugar oatmeal. I use Quaker Oats Brand.
-1/2 C Brown Sugar
-1/2 C Turbinado Cane Sugar
-1 tsp Cinnamon
Mix together and top banana bread. Use as much as you want. I usually use quite a bit because I like a lot of yummy stuff on my bread.
In preparation to bake the bread:
* prepare loaf pans with baking spray. I prefer Baker's Joy. That baking spray already has flour in it and so you don't have to do anything after you spray your pans.
*pour batter into prepared pan's. With bread batter I usually fill the pans a little more than halfway. It's usually in between halfway and 3/4's the way full.
* once your batter is in the pans top it with our delicious crumb coat and place it in the oven to bake.
**Bake Large Loaf Pans for about 1hr - or more. It depends on the oven. Just until the top is firm and you can stick a knife in the middle in the center and it comes out clean.
Bake Small loaf pans for about 45 mins to 50 mins or until fully baked. Or until you can stick a knife in the center and it comes out clean.
Once your bread is baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool completely. I let mine cool for 30 minutes to 2 hours. (some people like eating the bread warm, but with this bread I like mine completely cool! That's when it's the best! At least that's what I think.)
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!!! Once you make it let me know what you think. I wish I could cut you all slices! (I'm eating some right as I'm writing this. I told you. This is my favorite bread recipe.
THIS IS A NO FAIL RECIPE. SO FOLLOW STEP BY STEP AND YOU WILL END UP WITH QUITE A DELICIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH THE MOST DELICIOUS HINT OF RED WINE.
C H O C O L A T E WASTED C A K E
3/4 C WATER
1 C BUTTERMILK
1 C VEGETABLE OIL
4 LG EGGS
1 1/2 TSP VANILLA
1 1/3 C RED WINE (CABERNET, MALBEC, ETC..)
3/4 C COCOA
2 C SUGAR
2 C FLOUR
1/2 TSP SALT
2 TSP BAKING SODA
1/2 TSP BAKING POWDER
1. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN GROUP ONE IN MIXER, ONCE COMBINED STOP MIXER.
2. COMBINE ALL DRY INGREDIENTS IN A SEPARATE BOWL. STIR AND COMBINE.
3. ONCE DRY INGREDIENTS ARE COMBINED, START MIXER ON LOW SPEED AND SLOWLY ADD DEY INGREDIENTS TO THE WET.
4. ONCE YOU'VE ADDED 1/2 OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS TO THE MIXER STOR THE MIXER AND SCRAPE THE BOWL WITH A RUBBER SPATULA.
5. START MIXING INGREDIENTS AGAIN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS ADDED.
6. PREPARE PANS WITH BAKING SPRAY AND FLOUR, OR YOU CAN USE MY FAVORITE BAKING SPRAY THAT ALREADY HAS FLOUR IN IT.. IT IS CALLED "BAKERS JOY" IT IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING!!! I CALL IT A MIRACLE SPRAY. SO CHECK IT OUT. IVE LINKED THEIR WEBSITE SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT THEY ARE ALL ABOUT.
7. ANYWAYS, BAKE TO THE RECIPE. PUT CAKES IN OVER FOR 32-36 MINUTES FOR 6" PANS. OR UNTIL THEY ARE SOLID ON TOP. MEANING: YOU TOUCH THEM AND THEY DONT SINK.
8. ONCE THEY ARE DNE COOKING, LET THEM COOL IN PANS FOR 10-15 MINUTES, AND THEN CUT TOPS OFF WITH SERATED KNIFE CUTTING CLOCKWISE AND TURNING CAKE, AND THEN PLACE A CAKE PAD ON THE CAKE WITH THE CAKE PAN STILL ON AND FLIP OVER AND TAKE PAN OFF. THAT WAY YOUR CAKE IS ON A BOARD AND YOURE READY TO PUT IT IN THE FREEZER TO COOL FOR A BIT.
9. PLACE IN FREEZE FOR 1-2 HOURS TO COOL.
10. FROST/DECORATE YOUR CAKE, TAKE PICTURES AND SHARE THEM WITH ME!!!! AND THEN ENJOY YOUR MASTERPIECE!!!
CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING:
2C HEAVY CREAM
16 OZ BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Please chocolate chips in a bowl of a food processor. Heat heavy cream in a microwave for 3 to 4 minutes. Poor cream into chocolate. Let it sit for two minutes. Process it by posting several times until smooth.
If you would like to make a ganache into a frosting, allow to cool for 1 to 2 hours. Whisk on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
I decided to share a little something different today... today we made my favorite breakfast item. CREPES! So I wanted to share my recipe with you all!!
2 LG Eggs
3/4 C Milk
1/2 C Water
1 C Flour
6 Tbsp Melted Butter
1/3 C Sugar
Non-Stick Spray for Pan
1. combine all ingredients and put in a blender.
2. Pulse for 10 to 20 seconds or until completely combined.
3. Prepare frying pan with nonstick spray and turn on stovetop to medium high heat.
4. Put crêpe batter into a measuring cup or something with a pouring spout and pour a 1/4C into a pan.
5. pick up pan by handle, roll your wrist and evenly disperse batter around the pan.
6. Batter will start to bubble in the middle, once this happens, and it begins to get golden on parts of the bottom, get a rubber spatula and flip to other side.
7. Cook other side for 30 sec - 50 sec.
8. Once it's done, take off heat, put on a separate plate and cover.
9. Cook the rest of the batter following these steps.
10. Crepes can be filled with powdered sugar and fruit, Nutella, sugar, jams, peanut butter, syrup.. honestly the possibilities are ENDLESS!!
Make these and impress your loved ones! They are DELICIOUS!!! They are definitely my favorite breakfast.
Hope you enjoyed this post. Have something you want us to make or post about?! Send us an email!!
til next time.
The Blonde who Bakes
WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RECIPE!! WE'VE WORKED LONG AND HARD ON FINDING THE PERFECT ITALIAN METHOD MAC RECIPE AND I THINK WE HAVE FINALLY GOT IT DOWN FOR YOU.
WE USE THIS RECIPE EVERY DAY IN OUR KITCHENS, ON TV SEGMENTS, IN CLASSES, SO THIS IS THE RECIPE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!
I'M EXCITED THAT YOU ARE HERE AND THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY. MACARONS TAKE A LOT OF PATIENCE... BUT ONCE YOU GET THEM DOWN YOU WILL LEARN TO LOVE THEM SO MUCH!
ITALIAN METHOD MACARONS
BAKE TIME: 11-13 MINUTES BAKE TEMP: 315-320F
(depending on your oven. So on your first batch, try it at 315 for 11 minutes.)
YIELDS ABOUT 48 WHOLE COOKIES
4 LG EGG WHITES
1 TSP CLEAR VANILLA EXTRACT OR 1 TSP OF ALMOND EXTRACT
50 G SUGAR
--START MIXING IN STAND MIXER ON LOW--
ONCE THE EGGS REACH THE FOAMY POINT,
ADD SUGAR MEASUREMENT WHILE MIXING.
100 GRAMS WATER
300 GRAMS SUGAR
--PLACE IN A SAUCEPAN AND PUT ON MED/HIGH HEAT-- STIR FREQUENTLY!--
3 EGG WHITES
2 C ALMOND FLOUR
2 C CONFECTIONERS SUGAR
--SIFT TOGETHER - -
COMBINE GROUP #1 AND #2
--ONCE YOUR SAUCE PAN IS TO THE BOILING POINT, OR 220F, TURN STOVE OFF, AND POUR DIRECTLY INTO MIXER WHILE ON LOW STIR.
AFTER IT IS ALL COMBINED, TURN UP SPEED TO HIGH TO MAKE A MERINGUE. THE GOAL OS TO MAKE A THICK, MARSHMALLOW LIKE TEXTURE, ALL WITH A SHINY LOOK..--
ONCE YOU HAVE ACHIEVED YOUR MERINGUE, KEEP ON MIXING STAND AND ON A LOW SPEED, ADD 3 EXTRA EGGS IN MIXING BOWL. ONCE COMBINED, TURN SPEED UP AND MIX FOR 45 MORE SECONDS.
TAKE BOWL OFF OF STAND, NOW POUR ALL DRY INGREDIENTS IN, AND FOLD TOGETHER UNTIL ALL CLUMPS ARE GONE.
AFTER IT IS ALL COMBINED YOU CAN NOW ADD YOUR FOOD COLORING!
HAVE FUN WITH THIS!! MAKE IT WHATEVER COLOR YOU WANT.
ONCE YOU HAVE COLORED YOUR BATTER, PLACE IT IN A PASTRY BAG WITH A WILTON #12 TIP AND PIPE ON A SILPAT OR MACARON MAT.
IF YOU DONT HAVE THEM WE HAVE THEM AVAILABLE ON OUR STORE SITE. SO YOU CAN BUY THEM THERE!
I ALSO HAVE EASY PIPING INSTRUCTIONALS ALL OVER MY INSTAGRAM IF YOUD LIKE TO WATCH THEM. HEAD OVER TO INSTAGRAM AND GO TO @THEBLONDEWHOBAKES.
ONCE PIPED ONTO YOUR MATS, SPRINKLE THEM WITH WHATEVER TOPPINGS YOU'D LIKE, AND BAKE AT 315-320 DEGREES F, FOR 11-13 MINUTES.
I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR HOW YOU LIKE THE RECIPE! SEND US OVER ANY PICTURES OF YOUR CUTE LITTLE COOKIES!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE.
THE BLONDE WHO BAKES