If you like Chocolate & Peanut Butter, you will LOVE this cake!!!!!!!!!!
It is our famous Double Chocolate Fudge Cake with a Chocolate Ganache, Vanilla + Peanut Butter Dream Frostings. Heavenly right?!
just wait til you taste it! This cake is available to order if you're not up to baking it. But if you are, I will share the recipe!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER LOVERS CAKE
Recipe by: the Blonde who Bakes
C H O C O L A T E FUDGE CAKE:
3/4 C WATER
1 C BUTTERMILK
1 C VEGETABLE OIL
4 LG EGGS
1 1/2 TSP VANILLA
3/4 C COCOA
2 C SUGAR
2 C FLOUR
1/2 TSP SALT
2 TSP BAKING SODA
1. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN GROUP ONE IN MIXER, ONCE COMBINED STOP MIXER.
2. COMBINE ALL DRY INGREDIENTS IN A SEPARATE BOWL. STIR AND COMBINE.
3. ONCE DRY INGREDIENTS ARE COMBINED, START MIXER ON LOW SPEED AND SLOWLY ADD DEY INGREDIENTS TO THE WET.
4. ONCE YOU'VE ADDED 1/2 OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS TO THE MIXER STOR THE MIXER AND SCRAPE THE BOWL WITH A RUBBER SPATULA.
5. START MIXING INGREDIENTS AGAIN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS ADDED.
6. PREPARE PANS WITH BAKING SPRAY AND FLOUR, OR YOU CAN USE MY FAVORITE BAKING SPRAY THAT ALREADY HAS FLOUR IN IT.. IT IS CALLED "BAKERS JOY" IT IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING!!! I CALL IT A MIRACLE SPRAY. SO CHECK IT OUT. IVE LINKED THEIR WEBSITE SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT THEY ARE ALL ABOUT.
7. ANYWAYS, BAKE TO THE RECIPE. PUT CAKES IN OVER FOR 32-36 MINUTES FOR 6" PANS. OR UNTIL THEY ARE SOLID ON TOP. MEANING: YOU TOUCH THEM AND THEY DONT SINK.
8. ONCE THEY ARE DNE COOKING, LET THEM COOL IN PANS FOR 10-15 MINUTES, AND THEN CUT TOPS OFF WITH SERATED KNIFE CUTTING CLOCKWISE AND TURNING CAKE, AND THEN PLACE A CAKE PAD ON THE CAKE WITH THE CAKE PAN STILL ON AND FLIP OVER AND TAKE PAN OFF. THAT WAY YOUR CAKE IS ON A BOARD AND YOURE READY TO PUT IT IN THE FREEZER TO COOL FOR A BIT.
9. PLACE IN FREEZE FOR 1-2 HOURS TO COOL.
10. FROST/DECORATE YOUR CAKE, TAKE PICTURES AND SHARE THEM WITH ME!!!! AND THEN ENJOY!
V A N I L L A - F R O S T I N G:
- 1 STICK OF BUTTER (SOFTENED)
-3 C POWDERED SUGAR
-1/2 C HEAVY CREAM
-1 TSP CLEAR VANILLA
-1 TSP ALMOND EXTRACT
C H O C O L A T E - G A N A C H E:
-2C HEAVY CREAM
-16OZ BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE (CHOPPED FINELY)
Place chopped chocolate in the bowl of a food processor. Heat heavy cream in microwave for 3-4 minutes. Pour cream into chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes.
Process it by pulsing several times until smooth.
**If you would like to make Ganache into a frosting, allow to cool for 2 hours. Whisk on high for 2-3 minutes.
CREAMY PB LOVERS FROSTING:
-1C CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
-1 STICK BUTTER (SOFTENED)
-1 1/2 TSP VANILLA
-1 1/2 C POWDERED SUGAR
-2-3 TSP HEAVY CREAM
BEAT PEANUT BUTTER & BUTTER IN MIXER. ADD IN VANILLA & POWDERED SUGAR. BEAT. ADD IN HEAVY CREAM. MIX UNTIL SMOOTH. EAT AT YOUR HEARTS DESIRE!
Toppings: I used the mini chocolate peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. You can also use Reese's cups, or any kind of chocolate or peanut butter candy.
Send me over some pictures if you end up making this cake! I'd love to see how your creation turns out!!!! @theblondewhobakes or theBlondewhobakes@gmail.com
The Blonde who Bakes
Unicorn Drinks have got to be one of my new favorite things to make. I first saw these at caked in Los Angeles what it is it is a shake, smoothie, or hot chocolate with a big spoonful or dollop of whipped cream and your choice of the sweetest and most colorful can be is you can imagine. And so that is exactly why these are my new favorite treats. You guys all know how big of a sweet tooth. I absolutely love candy I love all types of candy sugary and sweet chocolate sour really anything that has candy in the name..
so I will be making these on Fox 13's the place Tuesday, April 18 ((today!!)) if you would like to see how I make these sweet little drinks. There are so many cute variations on how to make them and so I put my own little twist on them.
they are pretty self-explanatory but what you do is you get your favorite shake recipe you make it poured in a cup are usually like doing it in a really cute cup because let's be real drinks are always better in a cute cup. Once the drink is in the cup you squeeze a whole lot of whipped cream on top of the shake and then go crazy with your candy.
I will be sharing my VANILLA BANANA BERRY SHAKE RECIPE with you guys here on this blog post that as well I will be making on the TV segment and so you can make it all by yourself if you want to.
VANILLA BANANA BERRY SHAKE:
5 strawberries, Cut
1.5C Vanilla Ice Cream
1/4 cup cold milk
Pink food coloring
Place all ingredients together in a blender mix on pulsing speed until completely combined. Pour into a cup top with whipped cream and enjoy!!!
These brownies are rich, chocolatey, and have a dense, fudge middle and crinkly tops. They're not overly sweet but just enough to give you what you're looking for.
10 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 1/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Large COLD eggs
1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
Directions: preheat oven to 330°F. Prepare a 9 x 9 pan with baking spray. I like to use BAKERS JOYS BAKING SPRAY. You can find it at any grocery store. It is a great baking spray. It is non stick and has flour in it already! So awesome!!!! Go get it! Thank me later.
1. Add enough water to a sauce pan so it's 1 to 2 inches deep. heat until it's simmering.
2. Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium heat safe mixing bowl. Rest the bowl over simmering water. (If it touches the water remove some of the water.)
3. Stir mixture until butter is melted. Set aside for 3 to 5 minutes stir in vanilla, then eggs one at a time. Stir one after another vigorously.
4. Add chocolate chips and stir well.
5. Once oven is preheated, place the pan with the batter in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until you can put a knife in the brownies and the knife comes out clean.
MINT BUTTER CREAM:
1 Stick softened Butter
1 1/2 - 2 C Powdered Sugar
4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
2 drops green color
1. Cream butter in a mixer.
2. Add flavors and food coloring.
3. Add powdered sugar slowly once it thickens add some of the heavy cream.
4. Switch off adding heavy cream and powdered sugar.
5. Mix until smooth
6. taste test.
**after brownies cold completely top brownies with mint frosting. Smooth completely. The step is very important if you would like your brownies to look nice. Now it's time for the chocolate ganache!!
10 oz bag mini chocolate chips
1 stick butter
1. melt chocolate chips and butter together in a sauce pan stirring consistently.
2. Once combined and melted take off of heat and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
3. Put brownies in the freezer for 20 minutes or while you're making the chocolate frosting.
4. Top brownies with the frosting smooth out to all sides and let it sit you can put it in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.