ITS FALL! So that means PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!
I know this has been a long overdue. So I finally decided to get this posted.
4 1/2 C ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
1 1/2 TBSP BAKING POWDER
1 TSP SALT
1 1/2 C MELTED AND COOLED BUTTER OR VEG OIL
1 C PUMPKIN
3 C GRANULATED SUGAR
1 TBSP VANILLA EXTRACT
6 LARGE EGGS
1.5 C MILK
1.5 TSP CINNAMON
1.5 TSP NUTMEG
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
1. PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 360 F.
2. PREPARE THE CAKE PANS BY SPRAYING THE BOTTOMS AND SIDES WITH BAKING SPRAY. (MY TIP, MAKE SURE THAT IT IS "BAKING NON STICK SPRAY" THAT HAS FLOUR IN THE SPRAY ALREADY. THIS REALLY HELPS WITH THE CAKE NOT STICKING. I RECOMMEND PAM-BAKING SPRAY, OR BAKERS JOY-BAKING SPRAY. I USE BOTH ON A DAILY BASES.)
3. PLACE ALL OF THE WET INGREDIENTS IN THE MIXER. INCLUDING: EGGS, BUTTER/OIL, MILK & EXTRACTS. I ALSO WILL ADD THE SALT AT THIS POINT. (ONE TIP FOR WHEN USING THIS MANY EGGS, I LIKE TO WHIP MY EGGS WITH A HAND WHISK TO MAKE SURE THAT I BEAT THEM ALL, AND THERE AREN'T EGGS THAT HAVE BEEN LEFT UNTOUCHED. ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN WHISKED BY HAND, ADD THEM IN THE ELECTRIC MIXER AND MIX LIKE NORMAL.)
4. IN A SEPARATE BOWL, COMBINE ALL OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS. INCLUDING: FLOUR, BAKING POWDER & SUGAR.
5. ONCE THE LIQUID MIXTURE IS WELL COMBINED, SLOWLY ADD IN THE DRY INGREDIENTS. ONCE THEY ARE COMPLETELY COMBINED, INCREASE THE SPEED ON THE MIXER FOR 30-45 SECONDS.
6. TURN OFF MIXER, REMOVE THE WHISK ATTACHMENT, AND DIVIDE THE CAKE BATTER BETWEEN THE PREPARED CAKE PANS. (MY TIP ON FILLING CAKE PANS: FILL A LITTLE ABOVE THE 1/2 WAY MARK. THAT WAY YOU CAN INSURE THAT YOUR CAKE WILL NOT OVERFLOW IN THE OVEN. AND BELIEVE ME... YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAVE IT OVERFLOW..)
7. PLACE CAKES IN OVEN AND BAKE UNTIL CAKES ARE DOMED AND GOLDEN BROWN. (YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TOUCH THE TOP AND IT WIL HOLD ITS SHAPE)
8. AFTER BAKED, SET CAKE PANS ON TABLE AND LET COOL FOR ABOUT 30MIN TO AN HOUR.
9. ONCE COOLED, GET A KNIFE AND CUT THE DOMED TOPS OFF. GET A CAKE BOARD, SET ON TOP, AND FLIP OVER. TAKE PAN OFF, AND PLACE IN FREEZER TO LET COOL. (I PERSONALLY PUT IT IN FOR AROUND 3-5 HOURS TO LET HARDEN THE CAKE UP TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FILL AND FROST.)
10. NOW ITS COOLED AND SOME WHAT HARDENED, FILL LAYERS WITH SPRINKLE FROSTING, AND PUT THE CAKE LAYERS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.
11. AT THIS POINT, I LIKE TO PUT A VERY THIN LAYER OF FROSTING ON THE CAKE TO CONTROL THE CRUMBS. THIS IS CALLED A CRUMB COAT.
12. FREEZER AGAIN FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. THIS IS THE TIME I PREP MY FROTINGS, AND DESIGN FOR THE CAKE.
CINNAMON & SUGAR CREAM CHEESE
1 1/2 C BUTTER (ROOM TEMP)
PINCH OF SALT
1 TSP CLEAR VANILLA EXTRACT
1 1/2 TBSP ALMOND EXTRACT
3 1/2 - 4 C POWDERED SUGAR
1 TSP CINNAMON
1. COMBINE BUTTER AND SALT IN MIXING BOWL. TURN ON MEDIUM SPEED. MIX UNTIL BUTTER IS COMPLETELY SOFTENED.
ONCE SOFTENED AND CREAMED ADD IN 1 PACKAGE CREAM CHEESE.
2. WITH MIXER ON, TURN DOWN SPEED TO "VERY LOW" AND SLOWLY POUR IN POWDERED SUGAR AND EXTRACTS.
3. ONCE ALL OF THE SUGAR IS IN AND SOMEWHAT INCORPORATED, YOU CAN INCREASE THE SPEED TO BEAT OUT THE REMAINING GRAINY PIECES OUT OF THE FROSTING. BEAT ON MED/HIGH SPEED FOR 2 MINUTES OR UNTIL LIGHT AND FLUFFY.
4. AFTER YOU ARE DONE WHIPPING IN THE MIXER, TAKE OFF OF THE STAND AND GET A WOODEN SPOON AND MIX BY HAND. THIS HELPS GET ALL OF THE AIR BUBBLES OUT AND MAKE THE FROSTING SMOOTH AND READY PUT ON THE CAKE.
FROSTING CAN BE STORED IN AN AIR TIGHT CONTAINER FOR 1 WEEK.
BEFORE USING, BRING BACK TO ROOM TEMPERATURE AND BEAT IT AGAIN FOR BEST RESULTS.
Now go and make these for yourself!!
You will not regret it. They are so amazing!
The Blonde who Bakes
This cake has been modified to make it one of the BEST cakes you’ll ever make! It’s my top favorite cake on our menu, with many close seconds but this one takes the spot. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Makes: 2-3, 6” cake pans or 1-2, 8” cake pans
Oven Temp: 360 F
Bake time: for 6” cake - 33-35 minutes or 35-40 for 8” cake
4 1/2 C Flour
1 1/2 TBSP Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 C Room temp butter OR Vegetable Oil
3 C Sugar
8 Lg Eggs
1 1/2 TBSP Coconut Extract
1 C Milk
3/4 C Coconut Cream
2/3 C Coconut Milk
1. preheat oven to 360 F. While preheating grease pans with baking spray like: Bakers Joy (my favorite)
2. Sift together: Flour, baking powder, salt, in a bowl.
3. In mixer, cream butter and sugar until smooth.
4. Scrape bowl to incorporate everything.
5. Add eggs and extracts along with the milk, cream and coconut milk.
6. Turn mixer on low and pour in your dry ingredients
7. Pour into prepared pans
8. Place in oven and bake for 33-35 min For 6” cake pan.
8” cake pans bake for 35-40 minutes.
9. Once done, let cool on baking rack or table for 20 minutes. (In pan)
10. Cut top off and set aside extras. Place cake board on top of cake with cake pan, flip over on table, and remove cake from pan.
11. Place each layer with board in freezer for at least 3 hours before attempting to fill, layer and decorate.
12. Once decorated, enjoy! I guarantee you’ll LOVE it!
The Blonde who Bakes
There is absolutely nothing better than a delicious rich chocolate cake. Really. Close your eyes and think about what you imagine the absolute most delicious cake tasting like. Is your mouth watering yet?! I know mine is, so lets get to it.
This recipe has evolved into something amazing. It goes well with so many frostings and drizzles. Whether you want to pair is with a delicious Chocolate Ganache Frosting, Fresh berries, Creamy Coconut, or a Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting. All pair so well!
3X CHOCOLATE CAKE
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
b a k i n g ingredients:
1 1/2 C SIFTED FLOUR
1 1/2 TSP BAKING POWDER
1/4 TSP SALT
1/4 C COFFEE
1/2 C BUTTER (SOFTENED)
1 C SUGAR
2 LARGE EGGS
1/2 TSP CLEAR VANILLA
1/2 C OF HERSHEYS “SPECIAL DARK COCOA”
1/2 C of MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS
1/2 C of GHIRADELLI MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
1/2 C WHOLE MILK
1/4 C SWEETENED AND CONDENCED MILK
b a k i n g instructions:
PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES F.
LIGHTLY COAT PANS WITH BAKING SPRAY.
SIFT FLOUR, POWDER, AND SALT INTO A LARGE MIXING BOWL.
BEAT BUTTER IN AN ELECTRIC MIXER. BEAT IN SUGAR. CREAM TOGETHER.
MIX IN EGGS ONE AT A TIME.
ADD THE VANILLA & MILK. BEAT ON MED/HIGH.
ADD IN THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS ONE KIND AT A TIME. COMBINE COMPLETELY.
POUR BATTER INTO THE PREPARED PAN & BAKE FOR 30-35 MINUTES. (MAY TAKE LONGER DEPENDING ON OVEN AND CAKE SIZE.
THIS BATTER SHOULD MAKE 2- 8" CAKE PANS.
COOL CAKE FOR 15-30 MINUTES.
AFTER THE OVEN:
PUT SINGLE LAYERS ON CAKE BOARDS. FREEZE FOR 1-4. HRS. FILL WITH DESIRED FROSTING OR FILLING. CRUMB COAT LAYER.
FREEZE AGAIN FOR 1-2 HRS. DECORATE AMAZINGLY!
NOW GO AND EAT YOUR MASTERPIECE. 😋
The Blonde who Bakes
For those of you who know me, I LOVE SPRINKLES!!! I love pretty much every thing about them. I love how little they are, how many varieties of colors and shapes there are, I love the sugary taste of sprinkles, and I love that I can pretty much make anything and everything look so cute when I put sprinkles on them. As a baker, they are one of my staple ingredients for sure!
Another thing I love are CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!
I love the BIG, GOOEY, and SOFT bakery style cookies.
So I decided why not get the best of BOTH worlds?!
SPRINKLES + CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!
Yup. That's right. They are as delicious as they sound.
And even better, we will be sharing our recipe so that you can try them out and enjoy them and show everyone how good they are.
And of course, if you're not into the whole baking thing, but want to try these sweet things, you can always head on over to our Online Shop and have them shipped straight to your door, or if you are a Utah County Local, you can Pick them up! To get easy access to the shop, click the “shop” button below.