These brownies are rich, chocolatey, and have a dense, fudge middle and crinkly tops. They're not overly sweet but just enough to give you what you're looking for.
10 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 1/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Large COLD eggs
1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
Directions: preheat oven to 330°F. Prepare a 9 x 9 pan with baking spray. I like to use BAKERS JOYS BAKING SPRAY. You can find it at any grocery store. It is a great baking spray. It is non stick and has flour in it already! So awesome!!!! Go get it! Thank me later.
1. Add enough water to a sauce pan so it's 1 to 2 inches deep. heat until it's simmering.
2. Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium heat safe mixing bowl. Rest the bowl over simmering water. (If it touches the water remove some of the water.)
3. Stir mixture until butter is melted. Set aside for 3 to 5 minutes stir in vanilla, then eggs one at a time. Stir one after another vigorously.
4. Add chocolate chips and stir well.
5. Once oven is preheated, place the pan with the batter in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until you can put a knife in the brownies and the knife comes out clean.
MINT BUTTER CREAM:
1 Stick softened Butter
1 1/2 - 2 C Powdered Sugar
4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
2 drops green color
1. Cream butter in a mixer.
2. Add flavors and food coloring.
3. Add powdered sugar slowly once it thickens add some of the heavy cream.
4. Switch off adding heavy cream and powdered sugar.
5. Mix until smooth
6. taste test.
**after brownies cold completely top brownies with mint frosting. Smooth completely. The step is very important if you would like your brownies to look nice. Now it's time for the chocolate ganache!!
10 oz bag mini chocolate chips
1 stick butter
1. melt chocolate chips and butter together in a sauce pan stirring consistently.
2. Once combined and melted take off of heat and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
3. Put brownies in the freezer for 20 minutes or while you're making the chocolate frosting.
4. Top brownies with the frosting smooth out to all sides and let it sit you can put it in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
Owner & Head Baker of The Blonde who Bakes, Co. Wife & Mom. Athlete. Sweet Tooth Enthusiast. Resides in Utah.