This cake has been modified to make it one of the BEST cakes you’ll ever make! It’s my top favorite cake on our menu, with many close seconds but this one takes the spot. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Makes: 2-3, 6” cake pans or 1-2, 8” cake pans
Oven Temp: 360 F
Bake time: for 6” cake - 33-35 minutes or 35-40 for 8” cake
4 1/2 C Flour
1 1/2 TBSP Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 C Room temp butter OR Vegetable Oil
3 C Sugar
8 Lg Eggs
1 1/2 TBSP Coconut Extract
1 C Milk
3/4 C Coconut Cream
2/3 C Coconut Milk
1. preheat oven to 360 F. While preheating grease pans with baking spray like: Bakers Joy (my favorite)
2. Sift together: Flour, baking powder, salt, in a bowl.
3. In mixer, cream butter and sugar until smooth.
4. Scrape bowl to incorporate everything.
5. Add eggs and extracts along with the milk, cream and coconut milk.
6. Turn mixer on low and pour in your dry ingredients
7. Pour into prepared pans
8. Place in oven and bake for 33-35 min For 6” cake pan.
8” cake pans bake for 35-40 minutes.
9. Once done, let cool on baking rack or table for 20 minutes. (In pan)
10. Cut top off and set aside extras. Place cake board on top of cake with cake pan, flip over on table, and remove cake from pan.
11. Place each layer with board in freezer for at least 3 hours before attempting to fill, layer and decorate.
12. Once decorated, enjoy! I guarantee you’ll LOVE it!
The Blonde who Bakes
Owner & Head Baker of The Blonde who Bakes, Co. Wife & Mom. Athlete. Sweet Tooth Enthusiast. Resides in Utah.