Earlier this Spring and Summer I took it easy towards the end of my pregnancy and the birth of our baby girl. With the down time/slower pace I had which was much needed I thought up some yummy flavors that I cannot wait to bring to the website. Today is the start of them! We are bringing you a deliciously fresh take on a Summer cake. If you like our Vanilla Berry Cake, this is just taking it to a whole new level. So get ready for some delicious cake! As yummy as it is, I like keeping things simple so that anyone can make it. Whether you are a beginner in the kitchen or an advanced pastry chef you’ll enjoy baking this cake and of course eating it!
So scroll down, get the ingredients together and make this yummy cake!!!
GRAHAM RASPBERRY CRUMB CAKE
OVEN TEMP: 360 degrees Fahrenheit
BAKE TIME: 6” Cake Pan: 28-32 min. 8” Pan: 35-45 min
4 C SIFTED FLOUR
1 1/2 TBSP BAKING POWDER
1/4 -1/3 TSP SALT
1 C BUTTER (SOFTENED)
2.5 C SUGAR (WHITE, GRANULATED)
5 LARGE EGGS
1.5 TSP CLEAR VANILLA
1 TSP ALMOND EXTRACT
1/2 C WHOLE MILK
1. Preheat oven to 360 F. While preheating grease pans with baking spray like: Bakers Joy (my favorite)
2. Sift together: Flour, baking powder, salt, in a bowl.
3. In mixer, cream butter and sugar until smooth.
4. Scrape bowl 1-2 times to incorporate everything.
5. Add eggs and extracts along with the milk. Mix on low until combined.
6. Turn mixer on low and pour in your dry ingredients. Incorporating them completely, then scrape the bowl again.
7. Once batter is complete, get your prepared pans & a rubber spatula to help disperse the batter into pans
8. Place in oven:
For 6” cake pan bake for 28-32 minutes
8” cake pans bake for 35-45minutes.
9. Once done, let cool on baking rack or table for 20 minutes. (In pan)
10. Cut top off and set aside extras. Place cake board on top of cake with cake pan, flip over on table, and remove cake from pan.
11. Place each layer with board in freezer for at least 3 hours before attempting to fill, layer and decorate.
12. Once decorated, enjoy! I guarantee you’ll LOVE it!
The Blonde who Bakes