It’s March of 2020 and we are all quarantined in our homes due to the COVID-19 virus.
It’s one of the first times in my lifetime that we’ve had to quarantine and have everything close, including; theaters, restaurants, gyms, churches, stores, malls and pretty much everything else you can think of..
With all of the crazy and scary times we are facing, we thought that it would be a fun idea to team up with one of my favorite Utah companies, ALBION FIT, to bring you a pretend at home cooking show (Jennifer garner style) and make some cookies to lighten up all of the stresses we are going thru.
So today we are going to be giving a demo in our kitchen as well as share the delicious recipe. Ready to make some cookies?!? Let’s go!
1/2 C Butter (soft but chilled)
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C Light Brown Sugar
1/2 C Creamy Jiff Peanut Butter
1 Lg Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 C All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 C Instant Oats
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 C Mini M&M’s
1/2 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
HOW TO MAKE MONSTER COOKIES:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. prep baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
3. Cream butter and sugar in the mixer for 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy and fluffy.
4. Add peanut butter and mix until combined.
5. Add egg and vanilla and mix until completely Incorporated.
6. in a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder. baking soda, salt and Oats.
7. Add the dry ingredients to your mixer, mix until combined.
8. Once it is all combined, mix in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Do not over mix.
9. Take your mixing bowl off of the stand, and make balls out of the dough that are 1 to 1 1/2 inches.
10. Once all of the dough is in balls, put in fridge to chill for 1 to 2 hours.
11. Once dough is completely chilled, place on baking mat and space them 1 to 2 inches apart.
12. Place one pan in the oven at a time and bake for:
11 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake.
13. After done, take out of oven and let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
14. Now go and enjoy your delicious cookies!!