PUTTING 2 DELICIOUS THINGS TOGETHER, YOU ARE BOUND TO END UP WITH SOMETHING AMAZING. NO DOUBT. AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING FOR WHEN I CAME UP WITH THIS RECIPE... I LOVE DECADENT DESSERTS, I LOVE MIXING FLAVORS TO MAKE SOMETHING EVEN BETTER, I LOVE SIMPLE RECIPES, I LOVE DESSERT IN GENERAL.
THIS IS A NO FAIL RECIPE. SO FOLLOW STEP BY STEP AND YOU WILL END UP WITH QUITE A DELICIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL CAKE.
So we are going to start with the chocolate cakes in this recipe.
This recipe yields 2- 8" cakes or 3 to 4- 6" cakes.
C H O C O L A T E - CAKE - R E C I P E:
3/4 C WATER
1 C BUTTERMILK
1 C VEGETABLE OIL
4 LG EGGS
1 1/2 TSP VANILLA
3/4 C COCOA
2 C SUGAR
2 C FLOUR
1/2 TSP SALT
2 TSP BAKING SODA
MIX ALL LIQUID INGREDIENTS IN ORDER LISTED.
ADD IN DRY INGREDIENTS IN ORDER.
1.PREP PANS WITH BAKING SPRAY. BAKERS JOY BAKING SPRAY IS AMAZING! Or PAM BAKING SPRAY.
2. PREHEAT OVEN TO 370 DEGREES F.
3. EVENLY DISTRIBUTE BATTER INTO PREPARED PANS, BAKE FOR 30-45
MINUTES. (DEPENDING ON PAN SIZE)
(30 MIN- 6", 38 MIN 8", +)
4. YOU WILL KNOW CAKES ARE DONE IF YOU CAN TOUCH THE TOPS AND THEY HOLD THEIR SHAPE.
5. LET CAKES SIT FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE REMOVING PANS.
NOW ONTO THE RED VELVET CAKES...
RED VELVET CAKE:
Yields 3- 6" Cake pans or 1.5- 8" cake pans.
For the Cake (Original recipe by Tessa Huff, altered by Whitney from The Blonde who Bakes)
2 Cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 Cups grapeseed oil
1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons red food gel coloring (super red or red red)
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 370 degrees F. Spray three 6-inch round cake pans with nonstick BAKING spray. BAKERS JOY BAKING SPRAY is my absolute favorite!!! Or use Pam BAKING SPRAY. Not just "non stick" trust me!
2. In a medium size bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the grapeseed oil and sugar and beat on medium speed until combined.
4. Turn the mixer to medium-low and add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla and red food gel. Mix on medium speed until combined. Turn the mixer off and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Only mix until combined.
6. In a small bowl, whisk the baking soda and vinegar. Turn the mixer on low and add the baking soda and vinegar mixture. Mix for about 30 seconds.
7. Using a kitchen scale, evenly distribute the batter among the three pans. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let the cakes cool for about 10 minutes before removing the cakes from their pans to cool completely.
THIS IS FOR BOTH CAKE RECIPES NOW..
Once cakes have sat out for about 5-10 minutes cut the tops off of each cake by using a good serrated knife, stick the knife in the excess of the cake, level with the pan. Cut the cake and turn counter clockwise or clockwise while cutting ensuring a clean cut.
Once tops are all cut off, place cake pads on top of the cake pan and flip over. Take pans off, and set cakes with cake boards in freezer for AT LEAST 1 hour. Don't worry about wrapping the cake in anything. You will be fine. ((I promise! Bakers pinky promise!!))
after you have let your cakes chill in the freezer take them out and layer your cake with our delicious CREAM CHEESE FROSTING.
YOU CAN FROST THIS CAKE AS SIMPLE OR AS EXQUISITE AS YOU'D LIKE. EITHER WAY YOUR CAKE WILL END UP TASTING SO VERY DELICIOUS.
WE DID A SIMPLE CLEAN FROSTING JOB, WITH CHOCOLATE DIPPED BERRIES + CHOCOLATE SHARDS.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS AND OUR OTHER RECIPES, IF YOU MAKE IT, AND SEE ANY PICTURES OF YOUR WORK!! SEND US YOUR PHOTOS TO: THEBLONDEWHOBAKES@GMAIL.COM
FOR A CHANCE TI BE FEATURED ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEBSITE.