-2 Cups SOFT, UNSALTED BUTTER
-1.5 tsp CLEAR VANILLA
-3-4 to 1 Cup HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
-7 Cups POWDERED SUGAR (2 lb bag)
1. Cream the butter with the paddle attachment. Cream on medium/high speed for 2-5 minutes. (Until creamy peanut butter consistency)
2. Add your vanilla extract to creamed butter. Combine and mix.
4. Turn your mixer to the lowest speed. Add in your entire measurement of powdered sugar to the mixer.
5. Start adding 1/4 Cup increments of heavy cream. I like to recommend only using the heavy cream AS NEEDED. After 1-2 measurements of cream, up the speed on your mixer to medium/high speed. (Do not add more than needed. If you add too much cream your frosting will become soupy.)
6. Once you have hit your desired consistency, take mixing bowl off of mixer, and mix frosting with a wooden spoon. (This will release any extra air bubbles from your frosting and smooth it out a bit more. It works magic!)
7. I use my frosting within a few hours of making it. To keep it fresh, put into airtight pastry bags, or an airtight container to keep soft. Frosting can be refrigerated or frozen for future use.
Hi, Im Whitney Berge
Aka, The Blonde who Bakes,